Regina birds today

  • Firefly1515
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2007
      I went for a stroll along Wascana near the University today. First saw
      a bald eagle soaring way up high. Lots of geese on the ice (didn't
      bother to count, suffice it to say that there were lots :) ) and I saw
      one Snow Goose among them, as well as one Mallard m/f pair. A flock of
      5 MALL males flew in and settled on the other side of the marsh
      somewhere. Finished my day off with observing a red-breasted nuthatch
      hopping around in trees, and amusing myself by watching the geese chase
      each other :) There were a fair number of gulls present throughout the
      walk as well, but since I don't know my species I can't say much about
      them! Many crows and robins around as well. Just before I got home I
      noticed two very large flocks of geese flying very high up as they
      passed over the city.
      I love spring :)
      Sarah, Regina