Brown Creeper in mixed flock..

  • nikovich71
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2007
      Hi all ,

      Today I noticed a Brown Creeper foraging with a small flock
      comprising of 3 Black-capped Chickadees and 1 Red-breasted Nuthatch.
      They were all together and scaling the large Elm and 2 Spruce Trees
      infront of our house.
      This is the first time I've seen a Brown Creeper on my street , so
      that was a nice find , and it really does prove that in Winter all
      these birds will often stick together .

      I'm still seeing flocks of Bohemian Waxwings and 1 yellowish coloured
      Crossbill flew over the backyard this afternoon.

      At the feeders were 4 Black-capped Chickadees , 1 Female Downy
      Woodpecker , a Male and Female House Finch and the usual 30 or so
      House Sparrows .

      Cheers

      Nick

      Saskatoon