Happy 2007

  • Kathy Hedegard
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2007
      Happy 2007 Everyone.

      My last birds were a flock of Canada Geese going back to the water just after the sun set last evening.

      This morning, first bird of 2007 was a White-breasted Nuthatch.

      Safe travelling and great birding in the New Year.
      Kathy in Estevan

    • Val
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2007
        2007's here, time to arise
        It's early, get up, rub open the eyes
        Look out the window (up) and what should I spy
        Three handsome House Sparrows as they do fly by!!

        Darn, darn - the plan didn't work to look up and see a 2007 first-bird-
        of-the-year Blue Jay. Anyway, sitting on the bird bath in second spot
        was a Blue Jay and pecking on the tree right now is a Downy
        Woodpecker.

        This last bird/first bird seems to have been a tradition the last few
        years on Saskbirds and it's a lot of fun!

        Our last bird of 2006 was a Snowy Owl on a field pole SE of our farm.
        We saw a coyote and a rabbit last night.

        Happy New Year everyone.

        Val Thomas - McTaggart