At my feeder

  • Al Hartley
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2006
      I'm getting 20-30 House Sparrows and 10-20 House Finches daily. Yesterday for the first time I had 2 Eurasian Collared-Doves gleaning spilled sunflower seeds on the ground under the feeder. Also noted yesterday: 1 Northern Flicker, 1 American Tree Sparrow, 3 Black-capped Chickadees. Beginning Sept. 30 up to 4 Blue Jays were in town, frequently visiting my feeder, but I haven't seen or heard them for about a week now. It's not unusual for White-tailed Deer to visit my yard in the wee small hours and glean spilled seeds. Here in the extreme southwest over the past few days we've had a bout of unusually severe weather with cold temps, lots of snow, and high winds.

      Peace

      Al Hartley
      Maple Creek

    • Norm Krell
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 11, 2012
        We have had several Dark eyed Juncos and lots of House Sparrows at our feeders. There has also been a red breasted Nuthatch (has been absent for a couple of days) and lately a flock of common redpolls. I saw several flocks of canada geese going over in the last two days but have not seen a snowy owl which has been keeping near the outskirts of town. Should the snowys be moving north with the other birds soon?

        Norm
        Swift Current