Re: [Saskbirds] Poaching And The Patagonia Rest Stop Theory...

  • Bailey and Bjorklund
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2006
      Oh, Guy,

      Always enjoy your posts, well everybody's notes, actually.

      Yes, I agree you are not common. Just a chance to say again the
      Scandinavian "Tack for sist!" (Thanks for last time.) Thanks for all the
      uncommonly good times in the past.

      But I disagree with one statement. Weyburn drivers have Saskatoon beat all
      hollow. One of them tried to kill me the other day as I drove my bus. He
      suddenly stopped dead IN THE DRIVING LANE right in front of me - in order to
      answer his cell phone!!!!!! Here I am, laying on the horn and standing on
      my brakes, with semis behind me and nowhere to go. I did make it or else
      you would have to think of a funeral, but, may I remind everybody, even if
      it is only on Saskbirds and not in The Weyburn Review, do NOT talk on the
      cell phone when you are driving!

      Thanks be, I am still here to enjoy my birds and your birds for another day.
      The only bird I have to report was an adult Northern Shrike chasing a
      sparrow across the bus yard as I parked my bus the other day. What a chase
      it was but I was unable to see the outcome.

      Carol