Black Billed Cuckoo at Crystal Springs Sask yesterday..

  • nikovich71
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2006
      I was visiting Family at their Farm in Crystal Springs , Sask( nr
      Wakaw )

      I got a lifer while I was there - I recorded a sound I couldn't
      identify - it turns out it was my first ever Black Billed Cuckoo .
      I only wish I'd actually SEEN it - although , I think I may have. I
      flushed a Robin sized bird from some bushes and the coloration was
      pretty consistant from photos of the Cuckoos I've seen in Books.
      Maybe next time it'll sit still for me !

      Here are some Cuckoo-free photos from yesterday :
      http://saskbirding.blogspot.com/

      cheers

      Nick

      Saskatoon