      From: Feather149
      To: Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, April 30, 2006 4:51 PM
      Subject: Re: [Saskbirds] Woodpeckers

      Bob, the red looked very much like that on the Sapsucker.... like a red cap on the head (not just a blotch like on the Downy) and a good-sized patch on the throat.

      I have 3 bird books and couldn't find anything matching the description of what I saw. My books are all Canadian and North American - not worldwide.

      Debby

      Bob <tsb2001@...> wrote:
      Debby
      Could you be more specific about the red on the head and throat of the larger or second woodpecker? What was the pattern?