      From: Kathy Hedegard
      To: Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, January 01, 2006 11:35 AM
      Subject: Re: [Saskbirds] Downy Woodpecker

      Happy New Year Birders

      My first bird of the year was the Eurasian Collared Dove. I admit,
      though, that I cheated a little since I know when they are due to come
      to my deck feeding station and was waiting to hear the squawks they make
      (I put the noise somewhere between a raven's harsh caw and a cock
      pheasant call - with a twist) before opening up the curtains.

      Wishing everyone great birding in the coming year,
      Kathy in Estevan

      Great outdoors Birding