      From: micknsharon
      To: Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, July 01, 2005 7:47 PM
      Subject: [Saskbirds] Re: Kronau July 1

      OK Scott I appologise to all who post repeat sightings, yes some
      birds are reported more than once, I was generalising and that is
      one thing I should not be doing in this age of the internet.

      Thanks to all who contribute to Saskbirds, your sightings are all
      valuable.

      Cheers,
      Mick,
      Saskatoon.

      --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, Scott Wilson <scott.wilson@u...>
      wrote:
      > On 050701 10:36 AM, "micknsharon" <micknsharon@s...> wrote:
      >
      > > However it seems
      > > that once a bird has made it on to the year list or winter list
      they
      > > are not reported again
      >
      > OK, Mick: here are some previously-reported birds!
      > From a slough 12 km S of Kronau:
      > American avocets; 2 pairs flying defensively; one female was
      ³skulking²
      > through the grass with her head down, but still 95% visible;
      > Willets; 2 pair flying defensively
      > Wilson¹s phalaropes; 1 pair flying defensively
      > Upland plovers heard
      > Yellow-headed blackbirds ­ several
      > Redwinged blackbirds
      > Eared Grebes ­ 5
      > Blue-winged teal ­ 3
      > Sora rail heard
      > Ring-billed gull
      > Killdeer
      > Brewer¹s blackbirds
      >
      > Also, I believe there is a Red-necked grebe nesting in Wascana
      marsh near
      > the university; there are also four Eared-grebe nests.
      >
      > Scott

      Alaska outdoors Backyard birding Birding binoculars