4309Additions for the list and Townsend's Solitaire

  • Al Hartley
    Apr 1, 2004
      Since Jared has kindly taken on the responsibility for our annual
      list, I though I'd mention some species I don't believe I've seen posted
      yet:

      *Green-winged Teal *- saw a pair on meltwater north of Consul on March 25.
      *Greater White-fronted Goose - *saw 3 at Gardiner Dam on March 29.
      *Barred Owl *- saw one along Kingsmere Road in Prince Albert National
      Park the evening of March 30.

      When almost home from my after breakfast hike at 0750 today, I saw a
      Townsend's Solitaire in my neighbourhood. This bird allowed a fairly
      close approach so that I didn't have any trouble identifying it in spite
      of the fact that I didn't have my binoculars with me.

      Peace

      Al Hartley
      Maple Creek