      From: valndoyle
      To: Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 5:55 PM
      Subject: [Saskbirds] Mountain Bluebirds

      8 Mountain Bluebirds this afternoon 2.2 km SE of Weyburn in a small
      pasture area. Also 1 American Robin was there.

      This morning the Hairy Woodpecker and Downy Woodpecker were both
      sitting on the same tree limb, lengthwise more like a Common Nighthawk
      would do. It was nice to have a close view of the difference in size.

      We saw 3 American Crows and on our land just south of the house and
      what Doyle and I both believe was a Northern Shrike. We first thought
      Loggerhead, as it flew right across in front of the car disappearing
      into the yard trees, but the undersides were very whitish. Neither of
      us has seen a Northern Shrike before. Maybe we still haven't!!

      Val from McTaggart
      Val

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor