      From: Jim Nordquist
      To: Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2004 1:41 PM
      Subject: RE: [Saskbirds] First birds of 2004

      where are you located?
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Harv & Barb Lane [mailto:hdlane@...]
      Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2004 8:22 AM
      To: Manitobabirds@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Saskbirds] First birds of 2004

      Howdy,

      It took some work, not too much, but I managed to avoid accidentally
      identifying any other birds this morning until I'd gone out to the nearby
      Bald Eagle roost and counted 10 of them. It was still too dark to identify
      them from the road at 7:30 so I had to walk across a field to get a better
      look at the silhouettes. When I was still a quarter mile away an eagle
      came flying around from the other side of the bush and I got a nice view of
      the white head and tail. What a nice way to start 2004! Anybody else ever
      start the year with 10 Bald Eagles in Manitoba or Saskatchewan?

      Cheers,
      Harv

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor