3959First birds of 2004

  • Harv & Barb Lane
    Jan 1, 2004
      Howdy,

      It took some work, not too much, but I managed to avoid accidentally identifying any other birds this morning until I'd gone out to the nearby Bald Eagle roost and counted 10 of them. It was still too dark to identify them from the road at 7:30 so I had to walk across a field to get a better look at the silhouettes. When I was still a quarter mile away an eagle came flying around from the other side of the bush and I got a nice view of the white head and tail. What a nice way to start 2004! Anybody else ever start the year with 10 Bald Eagles in Manitoba or Saskatchewan?

      Cheers,
      Harv