26885Warblers in Saskatoon

  • howardslate61
    Aug 18, 2014

      The past two mornings have been good for fall warbler watching in Saskatoon at Forestry Farm and President Murray parks, and our backyard.  While the total number of each species is low (1-4 birds), variety is good (15 species).  We spent 30-40 minutes at each park.  For those who are new to fall warbler watching, find the chickadees and the warblers are usually close by.  Both the Peterson Warbler field guide and The Warbler Guide by Stephenson & Whittle help make fall plumages less confusing.  Sightings include:

      Forestry Farm Park:

      Ovenbird, Black-and-white Warbler, Tennessee Warbler, Nashville Warbler, American Redstart, Magnolia Warbler, Yellow Warbler, Blackpoll Warbler, Yellow-rumped Warbler, Wilson's Warbler

      President Murray Park: Black-and-white Warbler, Tennessee Warbler, American Redstart, Cape May Warbler, Magnolia Warbler, Blackburnian Warbler, Yellow Warbler, Yellow-rumped Warbler, Canada Warbler, Wilson's Warbler (also Olive-sided Flycatcher & Blue-headed Vireo).

      Back yard: Tennessee Warbler, American Redstart, Bay-breasted Warbler, Yellow Warbler, Black-throated Green Warbler, Wilson's Warbler

      Craig Salisbury

      Saskatoon

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic