26666Prothonotary Warbler morning and Chaplin Lake Ibis et al May 29-June 1, 2014

  • lilliankaye@rocketmail.com
    Jun 1 10:22 AM

      Thanks to great communication with Bob and Kim this morning, and helpful spotting by a couple of birders, it was wonderful to see a Prothonotary Warbler! One of two video links is at the end of this. The bird calling is dark lighting, the bird not calling is a better view.

      From Friday, my sister and I were out at Chaplin and Francis Lakes. From that, other videos have been uploaded of the White-faced Ibis at Francis Lake, a Piping Plover raising it's back feathers to chase down another, the fast run of the PIPL.

      At the Nature Centre in Chaplin, we were given a route map that starts West of Chaplin, runs South along the West side of the lake, where we heard a lot of Sprague's Pipits and watched them in the sky with our binos. Sound of them (you'll have to really turn the sound and your speakers up!) can be heard.

      Thursday at AE Wilson on Boreal Island, there's a video of the Blackpoll Warbler and its sound.

      I won't add the links to all the above videos, but they can be found by clicking on "Sask Birder" underneath the title of the video below.

      Fran K from Regina

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBOGB7CPjVQ

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic