26155RE: Northern hawk owl still present?

  • kmscouts
    Feb 10, 2014

      I can't tell you immediately but 8 days ago it was still there.  We had driven down Preston Street looking at all the high trees and drove in and around Innovation Place with no luck.  We then did a more casual drive through part of the campus and came back out on Preston to have one last look before leaving the city.   This time the hawk owl was perched on the top of one of the small (3 metre high) bare deciduous trees on the narrow median.  Not unlike an angel on top of a Charlie Brown Xmas tree.

      He flew towards the sidewalk and then hovered there looking for something then flew up onto the sign saying "Innovation Boulevard".  Sat there for a while.  Unfortunately there was traffic on the road so we had to continue on and returned but he was gone.

      So we had great views so I wish you luck.

      Kevin in Regina

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic