      From: Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Richard Tkachuck
      Sent: Monday, February 03, 2014 7:00 AM
      To: Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Saskbirds] Returning to Arlee

      This summer I will be returning to the Arlee area, a small town west of Saskatoon than almost does not exist anymore, to spread my Mother's ashes. I lived in the area over 60 years ago and have returned about every 10 to 15 years. In the interim I became a birder and on my last trip about 12 years ago took part in a Christmas bird count in Saskatoon.

      While in the area, I would like to find two birds. Smith's and Chestnut-collared Longspurs. Is this a reasonable quest? Any suggestions as to where I might focus my efforts would be appreciated. When we were here last, we saw Sprague's Pipit and Le Conte's Sparrow with the help of this list.

      Cheers,
      Richard Tkachuck
      Locke, New York