      To: Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com
      From: lveelma@...
      Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 14:24:36 -0600
      Subject: [Saskbirds] Mortlach EC Doves

      Almost embarrassing to post about an invasive species but it is a bird and this is almost a historical footnote. Once upon a time before Eurasian Collared Doves reached Manitoba, Mortlach SK was the place to tick EUCD for one's Canada list. (I actually saw my first in a Calgary backyard). The species is still present in Mortlach -- today around noon two flew across the back lane just north of Vimy Memorial Park and I heard the distinctive cooing also.

      Liis Veelma

      Winnipeg MB

      Sent from my iPhone