24758Mountain Bluebirds

  • Nick Saunders
    Mar 19, 2013
      Good afternoon folks,

      Some earlier news to report , that I failed to mention yesterday.

      I have friends that work at the Beaver Creek Center not far from town, off HWY.219.

      They reported 6 Mountain Bluebirds last Wednesday flying over the creek. The birds ( 2 males, and 4 females ) were also spotted by a bunch of school kids on a hike.

      Ron Jensen and I looked for these birds over the weekend but were unable to re-locate them.

      We did however turn up many Sharp-tailed Grouse, ( at least 20 ) out early, eating the buds from some native shrubs and trees. Other than that, there was not much around at all.

      Cheers,

      Nick