      To: Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com
      From: hedegardk@...
      Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 14:38:41 +0000
      Subject: [Saskbirds] Last Bird, First Bird

      Happy New Year Fellow Birders:

      My last bird of 2012 was a Northern Flicker.

      And what a sighting it was. I think Guy Wapple wants to tell the story of our Estevan CBC yesterday, so I'll leave the explanation to him. I'll just say we put in a long, sometimes hard, day and broke all previous species count numbers. A big thanks to Larry Preddy & Barry & Marilyn Dies for their help in our count.

      First Bird of 2013 is a Eurasian Collared Dove.

      I wish everyone a terrific birding year to come.

      Kathy H in Estevan