23427Re: Sunday Birding

  • Val T
    Jul 23, 2012
      That crew were in this area as well. Guess a tornado touched down by Yellow Grass. Our daughter in Regina phoned, concerned about us - news reaches Facebook very quickly! We were out looking at the extremely active clouds and did see a couple of funnel shapes darting in and out of the clouds but not coming down too far. Whenever the rain lets up the Purple Martins are out there soaring in full fledge.

      We can hear the Warbling Vireo behind the barn once in a while. It's not as vocal as ones some other years. Killdeer have grown now and are able to get out of the way of traffic and so have the Upland Sandpipers. They are so cute when they are small.

      Looks like a good birding day if anyone is able to take it in.

      Val T - McTaggart

      --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "Kathy H" <hedegardk@...> wrote:

      > Hi Birders:
      >
      > This morning I went driving around the area between Estevan â€" Benson â€" Lampman. That’s NE of Estevan, not too far east off Hwy #47. We had storms around this area last night. Tornado Hunter, Greg Johnson and his crew were in the region. Fortunately, no tornadoes and no hail.
      >
      > this message have been removed]

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic