21247Strange place to find a mockingbird

  • GORDON CROCKFORD
    Sep 1, 2011
      I am in B.C. on holidays and on Tues. I went to a favourite haunt from my years in Richmond . The location is about 200 metres from some of the airport runways and hangars on the way to Iona beach regional park.I was quite surprised to find a freshly bathed northern mockingbird fly up and preen about 10 yards from me. That was a lifer . It is listed as a casual sighting for the Vancouver area so I called it in to their rare bird hotline. I also found Eurasian collared doves there so I guess they've made it to the West coast.

      Gordon Crockford
      Saskatoon
      ( currently in Sicamous )