      From: Jack Monteith
      To: Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 10:46 PM
      Subject: [Saskbirds] Re: Matador Swainson's Hawks and Mourning Doves

      I'm afraid my Morning Dove abandoned her nest too. I even tried to catch her on the nest at night. The nest is too high to check for eggs, unless I find a 16 foot step ladder.

      Some birds that were regular summer residents weren't here this summer, but passed through recently. Eastern Phoebes and Cedar Waxwings in particular. I'm seeing a lot of very young ducks now. They should have been that size a month or two ago. Coots are everywhere. One Hummingbird buzzed by yesterday.

      Jack
      North of Balcarres