21212Re: Matador Swainson's Hawks and Mourning Doves

  • Jack Monteith
    Aug 24, 2011
      I'm afraid my Morning Dove abandoned her nest too. I even tried to catch her on the nest at night. The nest is too high to check for eggs, unless I find a 16 foot step ladder.

      Some birds that were regular summer residents weren't here this summer, but passed through recently. Eastern Phoebes and Cedar Waxwings in particular. I'm seeing a lot of very young ducks now. They should have been that size a month or two ago. Coots are everywhere. One Hummingbird buzzed by yesterday.

      Jack
      North of Balcarres
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic