19922Woodpeckers

  • Val T
    Dec 26, 2010
      Our Hairy and Downy Woodpeckers showed up a lot yesterday to entertain everyone at the dinner table. I laughed when our four-year-old grandson came to the room where I was and said "Grandma, there's a big hairy woodpecker eating something in the window". I conjured up a vision of a woodpecker covered in hair. :-).

      Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and thanks for all the great postings. What neat sightings are being reported. Glad someone got Red-winged Blackbirds lately. We had one for a couple of days but he went just before the winter count started. We still have the pair of Great-horned Owls showing up in our trees but think they are nesting down the road.

      Val T - McTaggart
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic