18825Re: AE Wilson Park

  • Val T
    May 3, 2010
      Wow Brett, lots of variety and that park isn't really huge! Great sunny morning to enjoy, finally. We seem to see Bobolinks there every year so perhaps they'll arrive soon.

      We have been seeing several smaller flocks of Franklin's Gulls for the past week. They seem to be more abundant around here this year than in the past few years. We have a Northern Harrier patrolling daily. A Western Meadowlark is singing today and Killdeer are once again going to stay. There are about 10 American Robins around the buffalo berry hedge row each morning. We're gone so much I haven't scouted the yard very well.

      Val T - McTaggart

      --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "Brett" <bquiring@...> wrote:

      > I took a walk in AE Wilson Park this morning. In terms of species found it was my most successful day this year. Here is what I saw:
      >
      > 6 Canada Goose
      > 8 Gadwall
      > 10 American Wigeon
      > 6 Mallard