18163Last and First

  • M A
    Jan 2, 2010
      Our last birds of 2009.... Mine were *several Pine Siskins* at the
      front yard feeder later afternoon Dec 31. Larry's last birds for 2009
      were *2 House Sparrows* near the downtown area later afternoon Dec 31.

      My last mammal of 2009 was a Coyote - within city limits just before
      7:30 AM on Dec 30. Larry's last mammal of 2009 were the *2 Mule Deer*
      in our yard early evening of Dec 19 (when we came back from the tally-up
      for the Swift Current Christmas Bird Count.)

      We don't have a 2010 mammal yet, but we do have birds!

      My first birds of 2010 yesterday were a *flock of 15+ Pine Siskins* at
      the front yard niger feeders, and Larry's first bird of 2010 was *a
      Black-capped Chickadee* at the backyard feeders (we had 2 Black-capped
      Chickadees yesterday!!)

      We wish you all the very best in life and may your life lists increase
      in size in 2010... Happy New Year!!!

      - Mary Ann and Larry, Swift Current
      50° 17' 00" N - 107° 48' 00" W
      http://dudrl.sasktelwebsite.net

      Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 09:21:56 -0600
      From: M A <dudra.m@...>
      To: Sask Birds <Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com>

      Our last bird of 2007?? Mine was the HOUSE FINCH (yesterday - late
      afternoon), and Larry's was a SNOWY OWL (Sunday 2007 December 30, coming
      home from Saskatoon... he didn't see any birds yesterday!)

      Our last mammal of 2007? Mine was the NUTTALL'S COTTONTAIL (yesterday -
      in our backyard), and Larry's was a herd of Deer (again, on Sunday,
      coming home from Saskatoon - and they were too far to tell what species
      of deer... and he didn't stop to check them out.)

      Our first bird of 2008?? 1 COMMON REDPOLL at the Niger feeder this morning!

      Our first mammal of 2008/?/ 1 NUTTALL'S COTTONTAIL (in our backyard this
      morning!)

      HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

      - Mary Ann and Larry, Swift Current
      50° 17' 00" N - 107° 48' 00" W