17582Shorebirds on the weekend at Cheviot

  • gordon.crockford
    Sep 1, 2009
      It seems as if some of the places I'm used to finding shorebirds simply have no water. I did manage to find a nice collection on one of the shallow reaches of Cheviot lake.
      There were a few black-bellied and semi-palmated plovers on the flats. Semi-palmated , least ,Bairds and pectoral sandpipers. Short-billed dowitchers and greater and lesser yellowlegs were also abundant.
      I'm not sure why the above plovers are quite a bit more shy than the sandpipers.

      Gordon Crockford