16367Rosetown - Biggar

  • William Davenport
    Feb 1, 2009
      Hello All

      I am visiting my parents and we did a loop today from Saskatoon to Rosetown to Biggar to Perdue and home, looking mainly for Snowy Owls. Results:

      Snowy Owl - one very white female not long after Rosetown

      Sharp-tailed Grouse - 5 in trees along the highway on the way to Rosetown and two in a dirt field later

      Snow Buntings

      Horned Larks - the most common bird we saw today with several groups ranging from three to twenty-five birds

      Gray Partridge

      Northern Shrike -one bird about 8 km south of Lenley

      Common Raven

      Black-billed Magpie

      Mule Deer - the sun on their white rumps made for quite a dazzling sight

      Coyote

      Sandra Savage
      Saskatoon / Calgary