16213Common Redpoll

  • Val
    Jan 1, 2009
      Until reading the postings this morning I never thought of last
      bird/first bird. Our last bird seen on December 31st 2007 was a Common
      Redpoll which turned up at our feeders yesterday. They have been absent
      for a while now. This little one was still out picking on the ground
      when it was getting quite dark. This morning the first bird of 2008,
      what else, a House Sparrow waiting on the table. Still dark out and
      stormy when I went out to shovel the sidewalk and clear feeding paths
      for the birds.

      Really enjoying the great finds by everyone on their bird counts.

      Happy New Year everyone.

      Val T - McTaggart
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic