15264Re: [Saskbirds] Black chinned Hummingbird on Catley hill today !

  • Harv & Barb Lane
    Jul 1, 2008
      Hi Rocky,

      When you looked at the Black-chinned Hummingbird, did you see the violet
      throat patch? The Ruby-crowned and Black-chinned are virtually identical in
      size and shape. They can only be distinguished when their gorget is
      illuminated by light. When they gorget is not lit up, they both have a
      black throat.

      If you saw the violet (purple) on the throat, I'd like more details for the
      location. I'm coming to Saskatchewan in a couple of weeks and that would
      bring my Saskatchewan list up to about 333 ... I'd really like that!

      Cheers,
      Harv Lane