13830Re: Horned Larks

  • Val
    Mar 3, 2008
      Welcome Terri. We'll look forward to your postings. Yes, Horned Larks
      are coming early in our area also but being further south guess we
      would get them before you do. When we enter them into some checklists
      as being here in February a 'red flag' comes up asking if we're sure
      and we have to confirm it. Perhaps some organizations will have to
      update their arrival dates as Horned Larks are seen here in southern
      Saskatchewan most February months now.

      Val T - McTaggart

      --- In Saskbirds@yahoogroups.com, "t_tlogue" <ttroupelogue@...> wrote:

      > hello Sask Birders!
      > I am new to this group but have enjoyed reading the posts so far.
      What
      > a great way to keep up to speed with all the sightings around the
      > province! I live in Dalmeny but travel regularly between Langham and
      > Dalmeny for work. For the past 3 years, I have seen the first
      sighting
      > of Horned Larks in the first week in March, but this year it was Feb
      > 29. Don't know if this was because it was leap year or not, but I
      > thought it was interesting.
      > Can't wait for spring :)
      > Terri

    • Show all 31 messages in this topic