13722Woodpeckers

  • Val
    Feb 13, 2008
      Despite the stormy weather, four woodpeckers still are frequenting the
      suet and smeared trees - a pair of Downy Woodpeckers and a pair of
      Hairy Woodpeckers. House Sparrows abound and Rock Pigeons and one
      European Starling. Three Fox Squirrels are scrounging around also. We
      couldn't see any distance for most of the morning and are totally
      plugged in the yard. Doyle walked out to the country road and it's
      also blocked so any extra birds around would be most welcome to come
      entertain us. On most days we hear the Great-horned Owls hooting.

      Val T - McTaggart
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic