13475Last and First

  • M A
    Jan 1, 2008
      Our last bird of 2007?? Mine was the HOUSE FINCH (yesterday - late
      afternoon), and Larry's was a SNOWY OWL (Sunday 2007 December 30, coming
      home from Saskatoon... he didn't see any birds yesterday!)

      Our last mammal of 2007? Mine was the NUTTALL'S COTTONTAIL (yesterday -
      in our backyard), and Larry's was a herd of Deer (again, on Sunday,
      coming home from Saskatoon - and they were too far to tell what species
      of deer... and he didn't stop to check them out.)

      Our first bird of 2008?? 1 COMMON REDPOLL at the Niger feeder this morning!

      Our first mammal of 2008/?/ 1 NUTTALL'S COTTONTAIL (in our backyard this
      morning!)

      HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

      - Mary Ann and Larry, Swift Current
      50° 17' 00" N - 107° 48' 00" W