Re: Fwd: Yahoo! Groups: Welcome to Sartre. Visit today!

  • nagarajbhadrashetty
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 17, 2011
      yes, the existential problem has no single answer, i think.when in dream
      we feel we do really exist and experince the events there as if they are
      here and now;only after we wake up we realise it was not a CONCRETE
      thing but a CONCEPYUAL and hence less than virtual.So will we realise
      this life as a state resmbling the dream? no one knows for sure.all our
      attempts to understand the essence and absolute cause and purpose of
      existence are ultimately futile with no conceptions that deliver the
      truth.Intellectual masturbations may be pleasant but not creative.It is
      some what like a group of born blind men seriously trying to understand
      how different colors really look.Only death can reveal the truth if
      there is a state of beingness after death with this
      consciousness.Ultimately it is not what Sartre or Einstein or
      Shankaracharya make out of the meaning , it is what one makes out by
      one's own efforts and making his understanding that is it is emperical
      unto each one.
      --- In Sartre@yahoogroups.com, Nagaraj Bhadrashetty
      <nagarajbhadrashetty@...> wrote:

      > you say ....yes we exhist.dont know as to appreciate or pity or feel
      happy for you for so feeling. i wish i believed i do exhist.but alas ! i
      do not. i did not and i will not at least in the present form of
      awareness.how can i say a rabbit taken out of a magicians cap do really
      exhist. i am not sure either way. i am highly sceptical.sartre says
      BEING MEANS BELONGING TO SOME THING. Can you pl. explore for me?