Re: [Sartre] Re: existentialism

  • BIMAN DEB
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 23, 2008
      *Dear Namita,*
      **
      In a very simple way, you have handled a very tougher subject in a very
      lucid way. All credit to you!

      Sincerely,

      *Biman Deb*
      Jaipur

      On 3/24/08, Menel Mansueto <migs_pm@...> wrote:

      > existentialism statrts by believing there is no God.
      >
      > --- In Sartre@yahoogroups.com <Sartre%40yahoogroups.com>, "namita kalita"
      > <namita232000@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > dear/respected,
      > >
      > > here I m Namita from Assam (India). from a very small place... but
      > we have
      > > the freedom n humanity.
      > >
      > > I have come to check my mail. so very simple way i will write something.
      > > hope, next time i will be give u some definite answers. Existentialism
      > > precedes essence. Existentialism means suffering as when we exist,
      > with our
      > > existence the suffering of the life started and each n every moment
      > we have
      > > try to overcome it. We should try to make us change so that nobody
      > can make
      > > us object. Existentialism comes with freedom also n we r talking
      > about only
      > > human existentialism.. Existentialism accepts extreme freedom so in
      > the same
      > > time we r responsible for our own work.. excuse me.. I have to go. hope
      > > continue next time.
      > >
      > > namita
      > >
      > > Nowgong Girls' College
      > >

      > > On 3/19/08, seku saviour <savisco65@...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I would like someone to explain existentialism for me and the
      > > > plausibility of that theory.

    • Rahmad Setiadi
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 24, 2008
        Existentialism in my head is that "Existence precedes Essence"

        In other words. Be Who You Want To Be!

        You are you!

        Cheers.

        Rahmad

        _____

        On 3/24/08, Menel Mansueto <migs_pm@yahoo. <mailto:migs_pm%40yahoo.com> com>
        wrote:

        > existentialism statrts by believing there is no God.
        >
        > --- In Sartre@yahoogroups. <mailto:Sartre%40yahoogroups.com> com
        <Sartre%40yahoogroups.com>, "namita kalita"
        > <namita232000@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > dear/respected,
        > >
        > > here I m Namita from Assam (India). from a very small place... but
        > we have
        > > the freedom n humanity.
        > >
        > > I have come to check my mail. so very simple way i will write something.
        > > hope, next time i will be give u some definite answers. Existentialism
        > > precedes essence. Existentialism means suffering as when we exist,
        > with our
        > > existence the suffering of the life started and each n every moment
        > we have
        > > try to overcome it. We should try to make us change so that nobody
        > can make
        > > us object. Existentialism comes with freedom also n we r talking
        > about only
        > > human existentialism.. Existentialism accepts extreme freedom so in
        > the same
        > > time we r responsible for our own work.. excuse me.. I have to go. hope
        > > continue next time.
        > >
        > > namita
        > >
        > > Nowgong Girls' College
        > >

        > > On 3/19/08, seku saviour <savisco65@...> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I would like someone to explain existentialism for me and the
        > > > plausibility of that theory.

      • Tony Franks
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 24, 2008
          On 3/20/08 Namita Kalita <namita232000@...> wrote:
          "Existentialism means suffering as when we exist, with our existence the
          suffering of the life started, and each and every moment we have to try
          to overcome it."

          The experience of "existence as suffering" isn't stated as part of
          Existential thought, but more properly is central to Buddhist teaching.
          However many writers have drawn parallels between Existentialism and
          Buddhism.
          Buddhism teaches that to release ourselves from possessions and
          appetites is the route to Nirvana, a blissful spiritual condition where
          passion, hatred and delusion are extinguished.
          Existentialism suggests that to determine our own notion of "goodness"
          and a moral code is the road to freedom, that is:- freedom from the
          moral imperatives of others.

          On 3/24/08, Menel Mansueto <migs_pm@...> wrote:
          "Existentialism starts by believing there is no God."

          In fact it was Friedrich Niche, the father of Nihilism, who said "God is
          dead".
          This was one of many starting points for Existentialism, but it isn't
          really stated in Existentialist thought itself.
          Søren Kierkegaard was a Christian Existentialist, so God and
          Existentialism are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

          Hope this helps,
          Tony

          Tony Franks
          Website: http://www.Tony-Franks.co.uk
          Voicemail & Fax: 0709 238 4855
        • Miitul
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 8, 2008
            dear all,

            existentialism is a philosophy that has been lost into myth and memory in the postmodern condition of human situatedness. the western world now realizes what could be termed post-existentialism. i shall be very happy to discuss out if anybody is interested.

            Mitul.

          • savisco65
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 30, 2008
              --- In Sartre@yahoogroups.com, Miitul <isolatedsaggi@...> wrote:

              > dear all,
              >
              > existentialism is a philosophy that has been lost into myth and
              memory in the postmodern condition of human situatedness. the western
              world now realizes what could be termed post-existentialism. i shall
              be very happy to discuss out if anybody is interested.

              > Mitul.

              http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com
              > Mitul, i'm really interested in your topic "post-existentialism"
              kindly explain what it means.

            • karun elempulavil
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 30, 2008
                friends, i am afraid that we are after the 'textual' aspirations of
                existensalism, and locked in the past.
                the 'post modern' situation, if one can use that term, is warranted in
                another way(s) to understand the very 'existence' of being, or actions
                - because 'existenalism' still previal as long as an individual long
                for his 'terms' in a society he/she live...
                karun

                On 5/1/08, savisco65 <savisco65@...> wrote:
                > --- In Sartre@yahoogroups.com, Miitul <isolatedsaggi@...> wrote:
                > >

                > > dear all,
                > >
                > > existentialism is a philosophy that has been lost into myth and
                > memory in the postmodern condition of human situatedness. the western
                > world now realizes what could be termed post-existentialism. i shall
                > be very happy to discuss out if anybody is interested.
                > >
                > > Mitul.

                > http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com
                > > Mitul, i'm really interested in your topic "post-existentialism"
                > kindly explain what it means.

              • namita kalita
                Message 7 of 11 , May 22, 2008
                  dear Mitul,

                  I m also very interested to know more n more on Sartre. Please, Let me
                  know...

                  namita