Re: nothingness

  • prem_amityb2000
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 13, 2008
      --- In Sartre@yahoogroups.com, "S.M.Jaffar" <jaffar_sm@...> wrote:

      > This is where the philosophy of sartre started.Could any person
      > clearly explain what does it mean.S.M.Jaffar

      Hi Jaffar i think that nothingness doesn't mean nothing of being but
      sarte want to explain the existence of nothingness
      he try to establish the existence of nothingness as we accept the
      existence of being in this universe.

      According to me being and nothingnees exist simultanenously but we
      live in being as we are the being part of the universe but nothing
      part also exist in the nothingness.
    • nisha tyagi
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 13, 2008
        'Being' is to be perceived.For, it has phenomenal existence.
        'No''thing' is to be realised.For....

        To: Sartre@yahoogroups.comFrom: prem_amityb2000@...: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 17:59:48 +0000Subject: [Sartre] Re: nothingness

        --- In Sartre@yahoogroups.com, "S.M.Jaffar" <jaffar_sm@...> wrote:>> This is where the philosophy of sartre started.Could any person > clearly explain what does it mean.S.M.JaffarHi Jaffar i think that nothingness doesn't mean nothing of being but sarte want to explain the existence of nothingness he try to establish the existence of nothingness as we accept the existence of being in this universe.According to me being and nothingnees exist simultanenously but we live in being as we are the being part of the universe but nothing part also exist in the nothingness.

      • bhadrashettynagaraj
        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 14, 2008
          hi tyagi, ur mail. Beingness is phenomenal; in the sense , as I understand, it is a transformation. u r der.... u r not der...that is between these 2 points what transforms is a phenomeon. we may be able 2 know r may not be as to the transformations beyond and behind these 2 points.Hence the concept of Nothingness. nothing is not No Thing. It is without a thing . thing is not a thing ...it is just a transformation. Then what is it that has been transforming?.Again it is NOTHING in its beingness. and the becomingness is nonstop. hence no beingness beyond becomingness.Ok?

          nisha tyagi <drnishatyagi@...> wrote:
          'Being' is to be perceived.For, it has phenomenal existence.
          'No''thing' is to be realised.For....

          To: Sartre@yahoogroups.comFrom: prem_amityb2000@...: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 17:59:48 +0000Subject: [Sartre] Re: nothingness

          --- In Sartre@yahoogroups.com, "S.M.Jaffar" wrote:>> This is where the philosophy of sartre started.Could any person > clearly explain what does it mean.S.M.JaffarHi Jaffar i think that nothingness doesn't mean nothing of being but sarte want to explain the existence of nothingness he try to establish the existence of nothingness as we accept the existence of being in this universe.According to me being and nothingnees exist simultanenously but we live in being as we are the being part of the universe but nothing part also exist in the nothingness.

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • prem prakash
          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 14, 2008
            Hi, it is really nice to know abt concept of transformation u have
            mentioned,but one questioned is to be answered" What is transforming"

            What happned to this transformation when it not associate itself with
            being and nothingness.

            Is transformation need either of two or it the phenomenon that exist
            without these?

            According to me being and nothingness is part of a single object for
            example- earth-you not able see the whole earth by standing at one point
            but when u move u able to see other part but to see whole part is not
            possible in the same way being and nothingness is part of each other but
            diffcult to visualize the same from a point of undersatanding.This point
            of undersatanding may some time contain both but not in full, so if the
            movement is transformation then it is possible that by leaving one we
            are getting closer of another one.

            or we have come out from the dimension restriction to visualise the
            being and nothingness in the whole.

            --- In Sartre@yahoogroups.com, bhadrashettynagaraj
            <nagarajbhadrashetty@...> wrote:

            > hi tyagi, ur mail. Beingness is phenomenal; in the sense , as I
            understand, it is a transformation. u r der.... u r not der...that is
            between these 2 points what transforms is a phenomeon. we may be able 2
            know r may not be as to the transformations beyond and behind these 2
            points.Hence the concept of Nothingness. nothing is not No Thing. It is
            without a thing . thing is not a thing ...it is just a transformation.
            Then what is it that has been transforming?.Again it is NOTHING in its
            beingness. and the becomingness is nonstop. hence no beingness beyond
            becomingness.Ok?

            > nisha tyagi drnishatyagi@... wrote:
            > 'Being' is to be perceived.For, it has phenomenal existence.
            > 'No''thing' is to be realised.For....
            >

            > To: Sartre@...: prem_amityb2000@...: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 17:59:48
            +0000Subject: [Sartre] Re: nothingness

            > --- In Sartre@yahoogroups.com, "S.M.Jaffar" wrote:>> This is where the
            philosophy of sartre started.Could any person > clearly explain what
            does it mean.S.M.JaffarHi Jaffar i think that nothingness doesn't mean
            nothing of being but sarte want to explain the existence of nothingness
            he try to establish the existence of nothingness as we accept the
            existence of being in this universe.According to me being and
            nothingnees exist simultanenously but we live in being as we are the
            being part of the universe but nothing part also exist in the
            nothingness.

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • nisha tyagi
            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 14, 2008
              IS THIS WHAT MR. NAGARAJ TRYING TO SAY?
              I m failing to understand the logic behind the argument proving becomingness
              BEINGNESS
              is phenomenal
              is transformation
              ( may be known ) (may not be known)
              existence nonexistence
              u r there u r not there
              The argument
              beingness is phenomenal , is transformation into Becomingness (which is non stop)
              beingness is nothingness;
              Hence no beingness beyond becomingness

              IS BEING AN ATTRIBUTE?

              To: Sartre@yahoogroups.comFrom: nagarajbhadrashetty@...: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 04:36:48 -0800Subject: RE: [Sartre] Re: nothingness

              hi tyagi, ur mail. Beingness is phenomenal; in the sense , as I understand, it is a transformation. u r der.... u r not der...that is between these 2 points what transforms is a phenomeon. we may be able 2 know r may not be as to the transformations beyond and behind these 2 points.Hence the concept of Nothingness. nothing is not No Thing. It is without a thing . thing is not a thing ...it is just a transformation. Then what is it that has been transforming?.Again it is NOTHING in its beingness. and the becomingness is nonstop. hence no beingness beyond becomingness.Ok? nisha tyagi <drnishatyagi@...> wrote: 'Being' is to be perceived.For, it has phenomenal existence.'No''thing' is to be realised.For....To: Sartre@yahoogroups.comFrom: prem_amityb2000@...: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 17:59:48 +0000Subject: [Sartre] Re: nothingness--- In Sartre@yahoogroups.com, "S.M.Jaffar" wrote:>> This is where the philosophy of sartre started.Could any person > clearly explain what does it mean.S.M.JaffarHi Jaffar i think that nothingness doesn't mean nothing of being but sarte want to explain the existence of nothingness he try to establish the existence of nothingness as we accept the existence of being in this universe.According to me being and nothingnees exist simultanenously but we live in being as we are the being part of the universe but nothing part also exist in the nothingness. __________________________________________________________Tried the new MSN Messenger? It�s cool! Download now.http://messenger.msn.com/Download/Default.aspx?mkt=en-in[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]To unsubscribe, e-mail: Sartre-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com Yahoo! Groups Links---------------------------------Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

            • bhadrashettynagaraj
              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 16, 2008
                yes, nisha, in my opinion Beingness is attrbute.for that series of attributions that include mass, shape,size. besides those attributes which provide existencial affirmation or its sense of, that is attributeaof quality or qualities which are detailed in the book LILA . beyond quality there is nothing.You name any thing , living or non...it is in essence recognised by its quality.Plate is not the dish.Dish is not the food; Food is its taste by experince , if there is an experincer...or just a quality in itself by itself and not for itself.Metaphysics of quality is not just in anthropic conext...it includes all that appears to be there and not there at all beyond its quality.why we are denied this knowledge is a big question.Stomch digests food of several variety; if it start digesting itself ; it gets digested ending all Digested Digesting,digeter.it may be like Salty toy entering the sea to find its deapth.Wqell, i started to affirm your doubtfull assertion as to
                attributes are the essnce of existence.Yes... in my understanding as of now and here.Nice attempting to make an understanding of self and behind and beyond that.Bye for now...

                nisha tyagi <drnishatyagi@...> wrote:
                IS THIS WHAT MR. NAGARAJ TRYING TO SAY?
                I m failing to understand the logic behind the argument proving becomingness
                BEINGNESS
                is phenomenal
                is transformation
                ( may be known ) (may not be known)
                existence nonexistence
                u r there u r not there
                The argument
                beingness is phenomenal , is transformation into Becomingness (which is non stop)
                beingness is nothingness;
                Hence no beingness beyond becomingness

                IS BEING AN ATTRIBUTE?

                To: Sartre@yahoogroups.comFrom: nagarajbhadrashetty@...: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 04:36:48 -0800Subject: RE: [Sartre] Re: nothingness

                hi tyagi, ur mail. Beingness is phenomenal; in the sense , as I understand, it is a transformation. u r der.... u r not der...that is between these 2 points what transforms is a phenomeon. we may be able 2 know r may not be as to the transformations beyond and behind these 2 points.Hence the concept of Nothingness. nothing is not No Thing. It is without a thing . thing is not a thing ...it is just a transformation. Then what is it that has been transforming?.Again it is NOTHING in its beingness. and the becomingness is nonstop. hence no beingness beyond becomingness.Ok? nisha tyagi wrote: 'Being' is to be perceived.For, it has phenomenal existence.'No''thing' is to be realised.For....To: Sartre@yahoogroups.comFrom: prem_amityb2000@...: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 17:59:48 +0000Subject: [Sartre] Re: nothingness--- In Sartre@yahoogroups.com, "S.M.Jaffar" wrote:>> This is where the philosophy of sartre started.Could any person > clearly explain what does it mean.S.M.JaffarHi

                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 16, 2008
                  Hi,
                  Is being and nothingness is attrbute or something else
                  ok try to find out some other ground on which the answer is some what
                  more clear.
                  Is being is existence or nothingness not have?
                  I think being is not an attribute because from where these attributes
                  come from or they are self made to govern or the process of
                  transformation create attributes which contain meaning 4 itself.
                  Being and nothingness is something different but side of same coin.If
                  u stand near a gr8 mountain than only guess what is behind but when u
                  climb the peak u know waht is there but our inability or lack reason
                  of sufficient logic to cross it and know the fact.
                  This is why we feel that there is something but we only one weapon
                  that is guess by different logic to climb but that logic also solidify
                  itself so that every one climb afterthat which is lacking til now.
                • prasun chatterjee
                  Message 8 of 19 , Mar 1 7:43 AM

                    Whatever we think we must agree that we exist. Cogito ergo sum.
                    Our existance defines our thoughts. We may quote Dostovoyeski" If I had the power not to be born in this world, I would not have probably agreed to such an existance in these ridiculuous terms". This expression signifies a wide term.I'm an Indian, we began thinking a long ago about our true existance, we commenced to think about our importance of being in this world.Being is there, nothingness go side by side.This is an absurdity but this is the truth.

                  • Mollie E Owens (meowens)
                    Message 9 of 19 , Mar 1 8:56 AM
                      What do you mean when you say: "Our existence defines our thoughts"? Could it possibly be the other way around assuming that we were pre-determined to have such thoughts?