the on going discussion

  • karun elempulavil
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2007
      one is not a writer for having chosen to say certain things, but for
      having chosen to say them in a certain way, Sartre wrote these lines
      in his famous work - what is literature, and i think, he stood for it
      till the last words uttered or wrote. now, discussing the whole thing
      in an abstract way, which generally philosphy condemnd to, is
      something what we say seeing the trees and misses the forest, or the
      other way. i think the dimensions we to discuss on existenalism is no
      more of from the worldwar II, it got different extension, with a world
      we live now : the industrious mind's growth to the IT kind of
      'lonliness', and i am afraid , its got a survival instinct too..
      poetry does it, but poetry does not address its philosohpical content:
      one could address this in an objective manner (of course, its a
      sbjective activity too) to understand more on sartrian thoughts...
      now, that is it.
      karun