Re: Adventure

  • Ana Drobot
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2007
      In "Being and Nothingness" (L'Etre et le néant).

      --- In Sartre@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Phillips <jrp1900@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > Does anyone know where Sartre uses the phrase "the great adventure
      of being oneself'?

      > Thanks,
      > Jerry P.

    • Jerry Phillips
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2007
        Dear Ana:

        I thought it might be in that book, but I haven't been able to locate it. Do you have a page or chapter reference for either the French or English edition?

        Thank you.
        Jerry P.

        Message 3 of 4 , May 5, 2007
          Hi Jerry,

          For a list of all the pages in the paperback Hazel Barnes edition
          that contain the word "adventure" click on the link below:

          http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0671867806/ref=sib_dp_srch_pop/
          002-4975556-1396858?v=search-
          inside&keywords=adventure&go.x=0&go.y=0&go=Go%21

          This is a useful feature of the Amazon "Search Inside" function.

          I don't see the exact phrase you were looking for, but perhaps it has
          been lost in translation.

          Hope this helps

          Tommy