Adventure

  • Jerry Phillips
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 26, 2007
      Hello,

      Does anyone know where Sartre uses the phrase "the great adventure of being oneself'?

      Thanks,
      Jerry P.

    • Ana Drobot
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2007
        In "Being and Nothingness" (L'Etre et le néant).

        --- In Sartre@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Phillips <jrp1900@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > Does anyone know where Sartre uses the phrase "the great adventure
        of being oneself'?

        > Thanks,
        > Jerry P.

      • Jerry Phillips
        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2007
          Dear Ana:

          I thought it might be in that book, but I haven't been able to locate it. Do you have a page or chapter reference for either the French or English edition?

          Thank you.
          Jerry P.

          Message 4 of 4 , May 5, 2007
            Hi Jerry,

            For a list of all the pages in the paperback Hazel Barnes edition
            that contain the word "adventure" click on the link below:

            http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0671867806/ref=sib_dp_srch_pop/
            002-4975556-1396858?v=search-
            inside&keywords=adventure&go.x=0&go.y=0&go=Go%21

            This is a useful feature of the Amazon "Search Inside" function.

            I don't see the exact phrase you were looking for, but perhaps it has
            been lost in translation.

            Hope this helps

            Tommy