hello to all, thanks for letting me join this group.

  • sixto_madrigal
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 5 6:06 AM
      hello, sorry for interrupting. i'm corbin. i'm a senior college
      student at university of Santo Tomas located in Manila,Philippines.
      I'm particularly taking up philosophy and i'm "hopefully" graduating
      this coming march. I'm now writing a short thesis about the concept of
      freedom in Sartre's Essays in Aesthetics. And I would greatly
      appreciate it if you will share some of your thoughts about this part.

      How can I identify Sartre's freedom in his aesthetics? A political or
      an existential one?

      Thanks in advance! :)
    • sava
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 5 9:48 AM
        Hi,

        which essays are you studying?

        --- sixto_madrigal <sixto_madrigal@...> wrote:

        > hello, sorry for interrupting. i'm corbin. i'm a
        > senior college
        > student at university of Santo Tomas located in
        > Manila,Philippines.
        > I'm particularly taking up philosophy and i'm
        > "hopefully" graduating
        > this coming march. I'm now writing a short thesis
        > about the concept of
        > freedom in Sartre's Essays in Aesthetics. And I
        > would greatly
        > appreciate it if you will share some of your
        > thoughts about this part.
        >
        > How can I identify Sartre's freedom in his
        > aesthetics? A political or
        > an existential one?
        >
        > Thanks in advance! :)

        TV dinner still cooling?
        http://tv.yahoo.com/
      • sixto_madrigal
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 5 9:14 PM
          It was the essays compiled by Wade Baskin. about tintoretto,
          giacometti, lapoujade, and calder.
        • sava
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 6 8:01 AM
            Oh,

            I'm sorry, I havent read that essay. Planning on
            reading it soon though. This will be then another
            instigation to go and read it. WE can talk more after
            I read it. Keep you posted.
            --- sixto_madrigal <sixto_madrigal@...> wrote:

            > It was the essays compiled by Wade Baskin. about
            > tintoretto,
            > giacometti, lapoujade, and calder.

            The fish are biting.
          • sava
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 6 1:13 PM
              Hi,

              again, more on these essays. We are talking here of
              several different essays. I dont have that compilation
              you are refering to by Baskin. The essays about these
              artists, Tintoretto, Giacometti, are in Situations IV,
              the one about Calder, intitled originally "Les
              mobiles de Calder" is in Situation III. It all sounds
              interesting and intriguing. I'll have to read them,
              hopefully to discover some new, unexplored aspect of
              Sartre.

              Keep you posted.
              --- sixto_madrigal <sixto_madrigal@...> wrote:

              > It was the essays compiled by Wade Baskin. about
              > tintoretto,
              > giacometti, lapoujade, and calder.

              Finding fabulous fares is fun.