The Origin Of Jesus Christ - @ YouTube -

  • TOR Hershman
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 12, 2007
      The Origin Of Jesus Christ - @ YouTube -
      View part one at this
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzY2bVsZK5s
      and the conclusion at this
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sckuqPulRGk

      YouTube's most SHOCKINGINGLY ASTONUNDING video of this or any year, or
      not.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 12, 2007
        I would like to welcome seven new members to this group and apologise
        for my tardiness in approving your applications for membership of
        this group.

        Please feel free to introduce topics for discussion about Sartre's
        thinking and existentialism in general. We look forward to debating
        with you!

        I have also banned two members who were posting off-topic material
        (concerning yoga and the "origins of Jesus Christ". )

        Everyone is requested to observe the rules on topicality, stated on
        the introduction page of this group.

        Tommy Beavitt
        Sartre moderator
      • sava
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 13, 2007
          Hi,

          personally I found the document on the "origins of J.
          Christ" interesting. It is getting me to do some more
          research on Ovides. Imagine someone posted a document
          like "The birth of tragedy" : would we ban Nietzsche
          from discussion because he would be out of topic with
          existentialism?

          I think the question on the origins of Christ is a
          very interesting one. We should debate and refer to
          historical documents, in these times of religious
          fundamentalism, that expound the historical, thus
          relative value of christianity.

          Best.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 13, 2007
            Hi Sava,

            Well, I'm not saying that it isn't interesting. But it just isn't
            topical to this group. What is the point of having a group called
            Sartre if it is just going to be a general internet hangout? You
            might as well just google the Internet for what you are interested in
            or click on random links.

            I'm not saying that Christ is totally irrelevant to this group
            either, but in order to be made relevant the poster of the link would
            have to somehow put it into context.

            All it takes is a sentence or two that explains why the poster is
            claiming the link is topical to the group.

            Like, "it is interesting to note how this video on the origins of
            Christ shows how Jesus' message anticipated the modern existentialist
            movement by nearly 2000 years".

            Tommy