Illusion/Reality

  • MITUL TRIVEDI
    Message 1 of 35 , Dec 16, 2004
      dear frendz

      existentialism needs to be defined in terms of this dichotomy : illusion and reality? I shall be very grateful to you if you could help me understand the status of reality in sartrean existentialism.

      Hope to hear from you.

      thank you.

      Mitul.

    • decker150
      Message 35 of 35 , Dec 28, 2004
        Hi John, I think my statement in post number 7419 entitled
        the 'unconcealed dimensions of Being' elaborates some of my views.

        Joe

        P.S. The Holy Days have been banished and replaced by the 'holidays'

        --- In Sartre@yahoogroups.com, "eumenades" <eumenades@y...> wrote:

        > Joe,
        >
        > Would you like to elaborate on your views about Sartre being wrong
        > about God?
        >
        > I should mention I have been off the list for a long time and will
        > have missed any recent discussions about this. (Nothing in Nov and
        > Dec though.) I am genuinely interested in your opinion too and not
        > just stuffy intellectual jousting (does need mentioning).
        >
        > Happy New Year to Joe and all,
        >
        > John
        >

        > --- In Sartre@yahoogroups.com, "decker150" <decker150@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > IMO, Sartre was wrong.
        > >
        > > Joe
        > >

        > > > Sartre also wrote in B&N, "Dehors ce monde il-y-a rien." -
        Outside