Re: Re: [Sartre] Re: The meaning of what occurs between each other

  • Carol Knowles
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 28, 2004
      Hello Mitul

      Some questions to get the discussion going:

      What books have been important ones for you in relation to your topics of
      interest?

      Do you think Sartre is Husserlian or is there a difference. Does Sartre base
      his theory in a transcendental
      subject? If so, are Sartre's ideas still usable in the wake of
      poststructuralists transition to Sausserean theory?

      Do you have any knowledge of Hegelian influence on Sartre? What is Sartre's
      concept of desire, negation, and infinity and how do they compare with those
      of Hegel ? How does his being for itself and being in itself relate to
      Hegel's concepts ?

      In what sense is poststructuralism an advance on Sartre? How do you compare
      Derrida with
      Sartre?

      What do you think of Sartre's concept of desire, compared to others concepts
      of that notion.

      Carol