BREAKING ALL THE RULES News site - daily update of news and essays

  • SARTRE
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2004
      Friends,

      Announcement: BREAKING ALL THE RULES News http://batr.net/ requests
      your comments and feedback about our new three column news format.

      Daily articles and news from a paleoconservative/libertarian
      viewpoint. This site will compliment our main content on:
      http://batr.org/

      Columnists are invited to send their inquires for submissions to Old
      Right - BATR Reflections. Upon posting, the title and links will
      appear on both BREAKING ALL THE RULES sites.

      Appreciate your support and visits to BATR. Commentary by SARTRE can
      be found on Global Gulag, Strappado Wrack, View from the Mount,
      Solitary Purdah, Dueling Twins and Varying Verity.

      All the best,

      SARTRE

      BREAKING ALL THE RULES: http://batr.org/ BATR News:
      http://batr.net/ redirect to: http://batr.blogspot.com/ Old Right -
      BATR Reflections: http://oldright.com/ redirect to:
      http://batrgroup.blogspot.com/
      Old Right News: http://paleoconservative.blogspot.com/
      Existentialism Philosophy Blog: http://sartre.info/
      Submissions inquiry to: batr@...
    • bildabregrab
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 12, 2004
        It's interesting to find a "paleoconservative/libertarian" talking
        about breaking all the rules. How would conservatives of any stripe
        get along without such rules as protect the sanctity and enforcement
        of business contracts, provide for punishment of killers, and
        freedom of the press to protect people espousing a conservative
        viewpoint? "Libertarians" originally meant "anarchists." When
        conservatives adopt the term, they usually don't intend to undermine
        the business establishment, but, if anything, strengthen the rules
        that make business possible. If you want to overthrow the public
        condemnation of pot-smoking and regulation of sex conduct, well
        that's another matter. But if you are really
        anarchist/conservatives, who are you kidding?