Re: Human Cohesion (Everything 'is' Interconnected)

  • decker150
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 2004
      I agree with what you are saying. The point seems to fall in line with a monistic interpretation on the unity of being. The story I
      make up about that begins with the notion of 'interrelationship' between all the seemingly different aspects. I imagine there is a
      protocol of sorts with primary and secondary relationships. However, I have no idea of how to explicate such an order. But pointing
      back toward the sense of a 'oneness' and not a duality, I describe this as the 'interconnectedness of all things' and we should not
      limited this cohesion merely to social interconnectedness, but to the world and to the farest reachs of time and space. We are the
      progenitive effect of the continuum of 'the all' and I find it difficult to assume that this 'allness of being' is lacking the one trait I value as
      a centerpiece in a human being; and that is 'intelligence'; the 'intelligence' functioning inside our humanness. I do not attribute
      intelligence entirely to my own productivity, but as a reminder that 'all space, time, energy and mass' contribute to this being-possible.

      Forget all about the religious concept called 'God', the universe is intelligent.

      Joe

      --- In Sartre@yahoogroups.com, "Elaine Phipps-Earl" <lizral@o...> wrote:
      > The same could be said of the human organism. While we could look upon the human organism as a cohesion of mind, body and
      spirit, if we disengage and perceive a distinction between mind and body, we create a state of alienation, wherein this state there is a
      fracturing between the organic and inorganic, resulting in either organic (the physical form - organs, skin, etc) or inorganic (mind;
      thought etc) malfunctioning or in the extreme, a shutting down of the entire system.

      > Love & Massive Hugs
      > Elaine

    • Lapin _866
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 10, 2004
        >Forget all about the religious concept called 'God', the universe is
        >intelligent.
        >
        >Joe

        Religions and beliefs in this view of interconnection can be sensed as way
        of making an infinite variety of trips which to me are worth making (under
        certain conditions)! Religion is mind-tourism. So no I don't want to forget
        about religions and God even while agreeing with you on any other parts of
        what you typed!

        JL

        http://search.fr.msn.ch
      • decker150
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 10, 2004
          Well JL, I'm glad one Existentialist among an otherwise predominately
          athetistic forum is willing to say so. My point about 'forgeting' God
          isn't really about forgeting God, but more about finding a langauge
          suitable to atheistic marketplace, searching for some expression that
          such a class of people might otherwise embrace. This is afterall a
          Marxist and Sartrean Existentialist discussion group, drawing in more
          sceptics than believers such as yourself.

          My feeling is that 'the mind' is always on tour, guided by one 'meme'
          ( http://www.memecentral.com ) program or another. All intelligent
          atheist have their ontologies, such logical voices that attempt to
          deal with the fact of their own Being; and although it is not a
          'religion' per se, they are memetically program and devoted to their
          ideas.

          Someone once said 'it's one thing to have an idea, but it's another
          thing when that idea has you.' The later, whether atheistic, agnostic
          or believer is a fanatic.

          And I imagine that within the unique potentiality 'of my being',
          I-am-a-fanatic - Joe