Re: [Sartre] Re: Who's the happiest?

  • Leon McQuaid
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 2, 2004
      i broke my hand in a bar fight, so i wont be writing much for a little whie.
      the reference, i believe, is from the book: "things of rememberance past" or
      something like that. the character was sipping tea and cake. then he talks
      abiut celtic folklore, and how a dead soul resides in the place where it
      died. then he likens this to objects. times in our life don't die, they go
      to a different place. then the cake causes him to rember something, and as
      he draws out the memory he remarks that the best times unravel, and more is
      remembered after the fact.