Re: STOP FILLING UP MY INBOX

  • fredvcall3
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 30, 2003
      --- In Sartre@yahoogroups.com, dnewdeath@a... wrote:
      > In a message dated 10/30/2003 1:30:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      > fredvcall2@y... writes:
      >

      > Fred. I checked my system about a year ago and found that I had a
      Trojan
      > Horse that my firewall and anti virus systems missed. Without my
      knowledge I was
      > sending hundreds of porn spams from my email address to everyone
      on my address
      > book and to the lists I belonged to. Just a thought.
      > Love.
      > Melinda Rocco-Rusk

      Thanks, Melinda...but I use about twelve different computers and I
      rarely use the same computer twice in a row.....plus I use about
      three different lap tops too.....

      No, a couple of people in the reselect yahoo group got together and
      complained because they ran out of Dixie Chick albums to smash....

      and fredvcall2 was suspended.

      hell, fredvcall was suspended because a group called topica . com
      complained after they issued me a challenge to debate, and lot
      badly....

      so, this is fredvcall3 and you likely notice...and there is a
      fredvcall4 and a fredvcall5...and how many numbers are there in the
      universe.

      Nope, this is a matter of a couple of people not agreeing with me so
      they went to Yahoo (a bunch of guys in Malaysia who probably can't
      speak English and they just delete email addresses anytime anyone
      complains...so, use throw away emial addresses if you plan to
      exercise free speech).

      But I love it whenever someone want to debate free speech texts with
      me, gives me something to write about....fred call
    • fredvcall4
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 30, 2003
        --- In Sartre@yahoogroups.com, kieran aarons <sketchyproposal@y...> wrote:
        > fred-
        As a forum for discussion, topical relevance is called for in order to remain within the scope of the Group name, and there are surely more general discussion groups out there.
        > thanks,
        > -kieran

        Well, fine...then you and I have nothing more to discuss because in my opinion you couldn't give me a good discussion on existentialism.

        And it'd probably show fairly soon anyway.

        So, I'll see if there are any more comments and if not, fine, no problem. If everyone is of the same mind as you are then there's nothing left to do here but take the American flag with me as I go (that's a joke and I have a feeling you didn't get it, but that's okay).

        At least with the political bunch I could rile the right wing conservatives and have a little fun that way (in a most existential way of course) and sorry we didn't get further into your question of Buddhism and existentialism and so forth but it would be a waste of my time to answer your question further...don't you agree?

        You know, you almost sounded as though the rest of the group sent you out here to sniff the terrain...but you were kind enough to send out a response (however polite to the point of a diplomatic gesture).

        Good luck with your future searches into existential thought....fred call
      • dnewdeath@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 30, 2003
          In a message dated 10/30/2003 8:08:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          sketchyproposal@... writes:

          > Thanks, Melinda...but I use about twelve different computers and I
          > rarely use the same computer twice in a row.....plus I use about
          > three different lap tops too.....

          Welcome. I am computer illiterate.
          Melinda.

        • fredvcall4
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 30, 2003
            --- In Sartre@yahoogroups.com, dnewdeath@a... wrote:
            > In a message dated 10/30/2003 8:08:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
            > sketchyproposal@y... writes:
            >
            > Welcome. I am computer illiterate.
            > Melinda.

            What's a nice girl like you doing in a dive like this.....

            ...or....

            Of all the gin joints in the world you had to walk into mine....

            ...seriously, Melinda, being computer illiterate might save you from the frustration of finding existentialism in cyber space.

            You've got more courage, at least you didn't try to find an excuse to hide behind a cyber wall of "I don't understand you so I will try to categorize your statements into levels of intelligence that I can understand...ergo, if I don't understand it it must not be intelligent).

            You know, virtual reality is a whole new realm of possible existentialism. but what kind of experience does the virtual realist really draw from.

            Wait!

            It's really not so new a realm of existentialism.

            For thousands of years the Bedouins and other desert nomadic tribes have been existentially learning from desert mirages (natures form of virtual reality).

            What does it have to do with Buddhism?

            What would Sartre and Nietzsche and other existentialists have in common with Siddartha?

            Well, maybe you could arrive at the mirage on your camel and with the lessons of enlightenment you could convince yourself that you are no longer thirsty, convince yourself to survive the desert trek for one more day and luck out to find a real oasis with real water.

            Or you could die in virtual reality desert joy stick video game featuring Michael Jordan as the Grand Pooh-Bah of the Burning Sand.

            Methinks that is what Mailer is getting at, the experience of cyber virtual reality is very misleading, and the misleading is not very existential.

            Where's the pain?

            Where's the ecstasy?

            Where's the Yin and Yang (and ohmygawd now I'd have to map out the relationship of the Tao to existentialism).

            What text book is everyone reading from, is it the Amazon.doc new virtual library where you can read from any college book, copy and paste excerpts and try to pass them off as your own original thoughts?

            Is existentialism here on this posting board the same as walking through the space/time continuum of a keyboard to the screen (and iimagining what everyone out there looks like and smells like and laughs and cries like)?

            What do you really think, I mean, all on your own, based on your experiences in life and not something you copy and pasted?

            ...just wondering...fred call

            and I just try to stay somewhat literate without having to rely on the computer so much....which is the same as asking, "What did heavy breathing anonymous obscene phone callers do before there was the internet?" (Just a clue to you bright guys who couldn't figure out what phone sex had to do with existentialism....but who wants to make you guys try to figure out puzzles or Waiting for Godot?).

            ...fred call
          • Stephen Cowley
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 30, 2003
              Tommy,

              Please note I am unsubscribing to this group till you find a way of getting
              rid of the loony.

              Stephen Cowley
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 31, 2003
                Hello Stephen,

                Sorry I have taken a day or so to respond to this situation. You
                should find that Fred V Call doesn't appear in any postings. I will
                be vigilant for a day or so. As I suspect that this character would
                try and outfox me me in this I have temporarily screwed down some of
                the settings to make it harder to join the group with a different
                identity.

                Sorry for the inconvenience.

                Tommy
                Sartre moderator

                --
                Join us at Communicationalism, the attempt to find a basis for ethics
                in communication rather than survival
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 5, 2003
                  In a message dated 10/30/2003 9:30:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                  fredvcall4@... writes:

                  > What's a nice girl like you doing in a dive like this.....

                  I have a seemy side to me>