Re: Ooooh!

  • jgbardis
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2003
      --- In Sartre@yahoogroups.com, "Lapin _866" <lapin_866@h...> wrote:
      > You may well want me have a heart attack...I'm currently unemployed
      and I
      > earn my money on jobs and sessions as an entertainer. But you were
      not far
      > from being right: my familial background is middle-classed and
      there are
      > white & golden boys in it.
      >
      > But since you recognized the existence of the happy fews, let's
      say "Most of
      > us will be unsatisfied".
      >
      > Most of us...

      According to St. Thomas Aquinas the ultimate end of life is the
      beautific vision, which we can have, if at all, only partially in
      this life.

      I'm afraid ultimate satisfaction is possible, for the happy few, only
      beyond this life-time.

      I was a middle-class white boy myself at one time. Now I'm just a
      tired middle-aged man who's wasted his life working for a living.

      So sing us a song, JL, to cheer us up!

      John
    • Rogelio Braga
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2003
        Er, do we live to work or we work to live? =)

        "May mga pangungusap na hindi mauudlot ng di-pag-imik;hindi makayayanig ang hindi mo pagsambit ng nais kong marinig." -Rebecca T. A´┐Żonuevo