Re: [Sartre] Mao

  • anjo3jantz@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2003
      Richard -- This question has nothing to do with existentialism, but your
      comments past and present about Mao prompt me to ask anyway. Why do you
      venerate Mao so much? Was he not a far worse tyrant than you accuse Bush,
      Blair and the Queen of being? After all, he murdered millions of his own
      people through forced famines and in such noble-sounding blood-baths as the
      Great Cultural Revolution. And what about the rape of Tibet, a peaceful
      country, which has resulted in the deaths of well over a million Tibetans?
      If Mao was a believer in the loftier ideals of Marxism, certainly his actions
      were a complete bertayal of those ideals. If anyone ever betrayed China, it
      was he. His legacy is a totalitarian regime every bit as brutal as Stalin's
      ever was.

      Andrew